There are many reasons to consider a homemade holiday this year. For one, its frugal. Making gifts is a great way to save money. Another reason is to get closer to the people that matter. Making gifts is a great way to spend quality time with family members or friends having fun and getting crafty. Lastly, homemade gifts from the heart are certainly a lot more memorable than hastily bought store goods.
Go ahead, give it a try. This homemade shaving cream is so good your man will probably end up sneaking a little bit for himself!
1 cup coconut oil
¼ cup almond oil
1 cup Shea butter
10-12 drops lime essential oil
10-12 drops coconut essential oil
1. Melt the coconut oil and Shea butter in a sauce pan over medium heat, stirring frequently until fully melted.
2. Remove from heat, stir in almond oil and allow to cool.
3. Once the pot is mostly cool (you can touch it) place it in fridge for about 20 minutes to firm up.
4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the essential oils.
5. Using a hand or stand mixer, whip until light and fluffy. When it is ready, the mixture will resemble whipped cream.
6. Place the mixture in an airtight container like a Mason jar.
The consistency of your shaving cream will depend on the temperature in your home. If you keep it in the fridge it will stay nearly solid, if the house is warm it will melt. This recipe fits well in half pint Mason jars for storage.